GenEx is an exchange for '&' relationships (i.e. gen relationships.)Rules and FAQs from last year.
FAQHow many fandoms and relationships can I nominate?
- Romantic and/or sexual relationships should not be the main focus of the work.
- You must either drawn clean lineart with at least basic coloring, inking, shading etc. (no graphics or photomanips allowed) or write a fic with a minimum of 1000 words. Work must be of adequate quality to be gifted. DNWs stated in the signup should not be included in the work.
- Authors cannot deanon by mentioning their name in the work before the anonymous period is over. Artists can insert a watermark if they wish to. Crossposting is not allowed until the anonymous period is over.
- There must be a working email address attached to your AO3 account so I can contact you.
- Don't wank in exchange spaces, don't be rude.
You may nominate up to 7 fandoms, with a maximum of 7 characters in each fandom.#Can I nominate more than two people in a relationship, for example A & B & C?
Yes.Can I request [character] & any?
Yes.How many fandoms and relationships can I request?
You may request a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10 fandoms, with a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 20, or any (any relationship in the tagset
), relationships.How many fandoms and relationships can I offer?
You may offer a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 fandoms, with a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 20, or any (any relationship in the tagset
), relationships.Are crossover relationships allowed?
Yes. Crossover relationship must be nominated under 'Crossover Fandom'.Are original works allowed?
Yes. Relationships for original works must be nominated under 'Original Works'.How does matching work?
You will be matched on a minimum of one fandom
and one relationship
within that fandom. If no-one has offered what you've requested, your requests will be sent out as an initial pinch hit. If no-one has requested what you've offered, I'm afraid you'll have to add pairings/fandoms to your signup or drop out of the exchange.Are treats allowed?
Yes!What are the minimum requirements for treats?
There aren't any.Is there a seperate collection for treats?
No. Treats go in the main collection.I need an extension!Please contact me at least 12 hours before the deadline if you need more time.
I cannot give extensions that are closer than 72 hours to the time of reveals.Is there a penalty for defaulting?
No. However, if you're defaulting due to issues with the assignment etc, please remember that if you default earlier I have more time to find an initial pinch hit.Do I need to tag my work with the & relationship on AO3?
No. The tags in the tagset are for matching purposes; as long as the work contains a requested gen relationship between characters you're fine.I left a comment on LiveJournal/left an ask on Tumblr/messaged you on Tumblr and you haven't replied.
There is only an RSS feed on LJ; I don't get notifications for comments on the feed. The Tumblr is for promotional purposes only. Please direct all question to the DW comm
or email me at email@example.com .How can I contact you?
Leave a comment on this post, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.orgI have a problem with my assignment/gift.
Please contact me privately
and I'll see what I can do. (If you've matched with someone who hasn't requested at least one of your offered relationships in one fandom you've offered, I can fix that, but I can't swap assignments around. And yes, I can deal with gifts which break the rules.)